Klibansky’s main points of departure are architecture and the city, particularly the accelerated, compressed and densely populated urban environments of the 21st Century that he smoothly grades into what seems to be a possible glimpse of the future.
The often-perceived soothing prettiness of Klibansky’s work can be experienced as positively numbing the senses of the viewer. An image that in first instance looks harmless and merely pretty is actually a smoke curtain for the real matter at hand, an open mind can attempt to peel back the multi coloured layers of eye candy and distil the core of the message.
Joseph Klibansky makes large-scale, idealistic digital paintings that are built up through hundreds of layers of photography enriched with acrylic paint on archival cotton paper overlaid with a liquid resin. His work conveys a layering and compression of time, space and place creating new narratives by creating dreamy images of cities, combining past and future, with a dramatic dynamism that for the artist becomes a way of signifying his perception of the rapidly changing digital culture as well as suggesting an unravelling of his personal biography.
- Beautiful Tomorrow - Exhibition - Palazzo Franchetti - Venice
- Joseph Klibansky rockt de internationale kunstwereld, Radio 1 (NL)
- Joseph bij De Nationale Autoshow op BNR nieuws radio over de Klibansky Art Car (NL)
- De Nieuws BV, Het Aller Beste met Joseph Klibansky over Picasso, Radio 1, NPO 1 (NL)
- Nick & Simon, Joseph Klibansky in Museum de Fundatie, bij PAUW
- Nijntje-beeld brengt ton op bij veiling in Rijksmuseum
- Elements of Life Bronze Sculpture sells at Under the Influence Auction Phillips London
- Dino Show - Jandino Asporaat and Joseph Klibansky
- Joseph reveals cover artwork for Armin van Buuren UR7
- SCOPE Art Fair Basel 2013
- Collect Art Magazine TEFAF Issue
- Museum size “Garden of Evolution” @ Art Warehouse art fair